Thursday, October 23, 2014

Robert Palmer - Clues (Island, 1980)

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I'm back. For how long? Who knows.


I've got this one for you. Still going through it, I basically picked this up because 1.) Compass Point Studios and 2.) Todd Terje's killer cover of "Johnny and Mary" with Bryan Ferry was burning up my iPod so bad I had to check out the original, and it's still kicking my ass.

What you're getting into - some super tight new-wave/power-pop whatever-you-want-to-call-it, clean studio trickery, some straight ahead rockers that suck in a good way, and... "Johnny and Mary." Chris Frantz, Gary Numan, and others guest. Good times! Combed-back hair! Cassette tape Walkmans! The Bahamas!

Here's Todd Terje's rendition of that song I keep talking about:


And the original video, complete with mime dancing:


Some other highlights on this first listen: "I Dream of Wires", "Woke Up Laughing"

2 comments:

  1. May I recommend you use Google Drive for your downloadables? It's free, up to 5GB, and the files won'e disappear.

    ReplyDelete