Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Mix for Fall




New mix for you. I've been listening to the recently departed John Ashbery read his work. Some losses hit harder than others. I suppose there's some comfort in the fact that he seemed more equipped, intellectually and emotionally, for death than most other people (I'd include myself in this group). I hope that in the poems that bookend this mix, I've selected works that are representative of his singular mind and to the experience of this point of the year, a moment of profoundly felt transition. 

john ashbery - collective dawns / roscoe mitchell quartet - naima
george shearing - a tune for humming
glenn copeland - ghost house
don voegeli - remembering
mark barrott - driving to cap negret
gene pitney - autumn leaves
miroslav vitous - when face gets pale
yves tumor - ciervo / phill niblock - A Y U (live) / john cage - three dances for two amplified prepared pianos, part. 1
giovanni venosta - woman in late
faust - jennifer
gastr del sol - blues subtitled no sense of wonder
marion brown - november cotton flower
cleaners from venus - a fool like you
steven brown and benjamin lew - moments
nico - no one is there
david sylvian - where the railroad meets the sea
yumiko morioka - moon ring
john ashbery - just walking around

lmk if you want a d/l link in comments! 

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful mix, of those you have here to now posted it is my favorite. I especially liked the spoken word elements, it makes the music resonate all the more. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete