Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Webster Lewis In Norway - The Club7 Live Tapes


Thank you, IG. During a long drift of scrolling last night, I came upon a post for a copy of this record, saw the cover and recognized an image I'd remembered for about 10 years without accompanying context, just the beauty of a man in mid-performance reverie, black and white.

Now I know what it is! And it sounds beautiful!

Webster Lewis was born in Baltimore, my sort-of hometown, to improve on a good thing. I'm only 3 cuts in, but this thing grooves, breathes and RAGES. From the contemplative to walls-of-sound, this is a killer recording. 

Seems pretty rare, so...



2 comments:

  1. Thank you!
    I'd have a (re-)request, if I may: could you re-post The Penguin Café Orchestra Mini Album, as I missed it the first two times around? I'd be very grateful.
    Max

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you please renew the link, I can't find this beauty
    anywhere else. Kevin C.
    Krillkev54@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete