Thursday, March 21, 2013

Brian Eno TV Documentary: "One Eno" (1993)

I'm thinking that I'm going to continue to make this blog more multifaceted, rather than keep on posting screenshots, youtube clips of songs, etc. on my facebook feed haphazardly. I plan to do most of my online gathering on this page from now on...

In the spirit of this, today I'll leave you with a half-hour documentary in three parts made for French TV about (and more than likely by) Brian Eno. While you do have to sit through a clip of U2's Zoo TV score (people always seem to focus on his production career - sorry, Brian, IMHO no one can make U2 sound good) - you also get some tasty teases of his video work that I'll be sure to try and track down in the future. Also, as a whole, I think it's well-done and funny (the narrative is Eno talking to a beagle), and even innovative, especially how the video starts to mimic Eno's strategy of taking and looping bits and pieces of sound (here, sound and video). Given the lack of video documentation of his work, I would say this is a must-see for Eno fans. Mes remerciements à NafouteVHS pour nous avoir partagé!

1.


2. 


3. 


If anyone knows where to find a full video of "Contemporary Data Lounge", lemme know.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment